Vietnam Flexible Packaging Market 2018 Report

November 05, 2018 |

By Biintellect

VNDmn 58.3

Add to Cart

Please login to download Report Preview

Total Page: 64 Pages

Format: pdf

Topic: General Industrials

Delivery: within 1 day(s)

The industry reports series have been purchased by:

StoxPlus is pleased to introduce the fourth issue of Vietnam Flexible Packaging Market 2018 Report. This report presents an in-depth analysis of flexible packaging industry: sector-specific breakdown and crosscutting market issues. The purpose of this report is to assess potentials of flexible packaging market in Vietnam through market size and growth, value chain analysis and competition dynamics

What is new? This fourth issue offers in-depth analysis on financial performance of leading flexible packaging manufacturers in Vietnam (both local and foreign-owned players). In addition, latest trends of several end-use markets for flexible packaging market in Vietnam such as packaged food, personal care and household care are also included.

Below are the most critical findings in this fourth issue:

  1. Packaging manufacturers in Vietnam heavily relies on import of plastic resins due to underdeveloped local production. Particularly, local petrochemical sector is still in early stage with total designed capacity of 570,000 tons in 2018, fulfilling approx. 10% of Vietnam plastics resin consumption volume. Meanwhile, plastics resins demand continued on the rise with CAGR 2013-2018 of 11.3% to reach 5,339 tons ( import volume) in 2018. Top suppliers are Saudi Arabia (18.9%), Korea (17.3%), Taiwan (13.7%), Thailand (12.1%) and China (10.2%).
  2. Multi-layered flexible packaging market size reached of US$1.0bn in 2017, posting a y-o-y growth rate of 6.6%. The flexible packaging market can be segmented into two categories namely mono-layered and multi-layered. Mono-layered segment serves requirements such as agricultural films, woven bags, garbage bags with the domination of small-scale family business. Meanwhile, for multi-layered segment, pouches are the most diversified sub-segment that serves high-quality requirement for various industries including F&B, pharmaceuticals, and consumer goods.
  3. Vietnam multi-layered flexible packaging is dominated by the Top 14 players which accounted for 42% of market share in 2017 while the remaining 336 companies occupied 58% of market share. Big names in Vietnam flexible packaging are Tan Tien Plastic Packaging, Liksin, BATICO, J.S Packaging and Saplastic. Foreign flexible packaging companies such as Huhtamaki (Finland), J.S Packaging (South Korea), Tong Yuan (Taiwan), and Ngai Mee Packaging (Singapore)
  4. The sector witnessed a sudden decline in profitability due to the rise in plastic resin price. Particularly, after the shrink in 2015 and 2016, average import price of plastics resins bounced back with the surge by 9.9% and 7.0% in 2017 and YTD2018, respectively. As a result, sector average gross profit margin declined from 14.5% in 2016 to 12.8% in 2017. StoxPlus foresees the downtrend in profitability would remain in 2018 as plastics resins price continued the rise. Further analysis on growth, profitability and cost management could be found in our full report.
  5. Flexible packaging key end-use sectors including foods, home care and personal care posted a good performance, creating a bright outlook for local flexible packaging demand. Packaged Food sector is sized at US$10.7bn in 2017 with total sales volume of 4.32mn tonnes. The sector is projected to expand in line with the recovery of economy at 6.8% CAGR during the period 2016-2020. Home Care and Personal Care also post strong demand for packaging. In 2017, total market size of household and personal care was about US$2.34bn, with growth rate by 8.0%. Further analysis on packaging usage of key players such as Acecook, Nestle, Trung Nguyen, P&G could be found in our full report.

Download Report Preview Here

Please login to download Report Preview