1. Warehousing sector in Vietnam can be segmented into 04 main types of warehouse serving different target customers. Distribution Center with its demand-driven activities are viewed as the future of warehousing.
2. Demand for warehousing comes from retail sectors and exported products such as electronic devices, textile & footwear, seafood, or wooden products.
3. Cold storage is one of the most potential logistics segment for growing in Vietnam, since Vietnam is an agriculture economy. There are 20 professionally-managed commercial cold storages in the South of Vietnam, 40–50 in the North, and many other small, independent cold storages. Few foreign and local companies tapped in this segment.
4. Foreign-invested players leverage professional management and portfolio of clients while domestic firms have competitive advantages of land bank and facilities. Key players includes DKSH, DHL, Mappletrees, Gemadept, DRACO, Vinafco and Transimex.
5. Warehousing companies posted good performance in 2011-2015 period. It is highlighted that listed warehouse companies outperform listed logistics peers in operating profit margin. Net profit margin for both types of companies moved closely from 2011 to 2014, however, 2015 witnessed the decrease of listed warehouse company’s ratios comparing to that of logistics company.Please login to download Report Preview
Our expert will help you find what you need. Contact our Customer Support for more information:
Hanoi Head Office +84 24 3562 6962
Ho Chi Minh City Branch +84 28 3933 3586
Monday – Friday, from 8:30 to 18:00 Vietnam Time
All the latest product drops, limited offers, in-store event info-straight to your inbox.